Active 30 Filter Basket

Mar 11, 2017
miller place
Just received the Active 30 and i can't wait to use it. The only thing i notice is that i comes with 2 sets of filter inserts. One fine and one for large debris. I was under the impression that both can be used at the same time based on what i saw on their website saying "multi layer filter" , but it doesn't look like it is the case. what is the correct way? Thanks

Here is a link to Matronics site that mentions it.

http://www.maytronicsus.com/residential-pools/active-series/active-30/product/Active30

The Active 30 is basically the same as the S300. That has the standard filter basket inserts where you have to change between coarse and fine grids. The Active 30i is the exact same model as the S300i and it has the "integrated" filter basket where the coarse filter is an insert that fits inside the filter basket. You'll need to buy the insert separately.

You need something like this - Maytronics Dolphin 9983106 Rough Filter | Marina Pool Spa & Patio

The website is very misleading then, it shouldn't say it has a multi layer filter

I found when researching robots earlier in the year it was impossible to get any coherent information off of the websites. That's why I drove to some local shops and bought locally - easy access to the information and demo models to look at (two of the shops offered loaners for potential buyers to test drive). Buying online was too fraught with difficulty and concerns about warranty issues. I much prefer having a local shop to deal with and discuss issues.

Reactions: Scop666
Yes, they are not the epitome of clarity for sure. Sunplay has it for $45 shipped. That's where i got it for my Active 20.

I know this is an older post, but Maytronics description is confusing. It specifically says
The Maytronics Dolphin Active 30’s advanced features and multilayer filtration system make your pool cleaning easy and convenient.
. Then in the highlights it does not show the multi-layer filtration like it does on the page for the active30i. The answer is that it does not have the multi-layer filtration, still I had to find this post to confirm.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.