ACE System- worth replacing?

kateinvt

Gold Supporter
Jun 2, 2019
Vermont
Hi TFP friends,
Our ACE cell is in need of replacement ($800+), in our HotSprings Sovereign HotTub and we are wondering if it's worthwhile doing so or if there is a better and more cost effective alternative. I see a few years back there was a discussion about turning it off altogether, but it sounds like that might carry its own complications? I wonder what current thinking about that is?
I look forward to hearing your thoughts.
Thanks,
Kate

People here really like SCWG systems. $800 seems crazy for a cell though, you can get a SWCG for your pool for that price (that's what I'm expecting to pay for a system for our hopefully soon to be setup 15,000 gallon Intex pool).

I know there's the Saltron Mini and a couple other similar small "retrofit" SWCGs for hot tubs. They hang over the side of the tub though, so it's not neatly integrated into the spa like yours is. But on the plus side, it's like $230 for the whole system and ~$110 for a replacement cell.

Note while I'm planning to get a Saltron Mini for our 450 gallon Cal Spas hot tub, I don't yet have one, but many people here use and like it.

Reactions: kateinvt
If I remember, ACE is the one that says it uses boron-doped diamond. Fussy about calcium levels, etc. Usually the simplest system is the best, lowest cost, and most trouble free, so you can probably find something more satisfactory. It might affect the warranty but at $800 a cell, that's an expensive warranty.

i am in the same boat. But I’m trying to figure out my options and what will work best. The ace system was great while it was working, but it only lasted 2 years on my limelight gleam. What are my options?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.