Acceptable TA Level for Stable PH

RhondaMarie

Aug 21, 2019
Tennessee
I've been having issues with high ph. I've lowered it twice with acid, but it goes right back up. It was stable when my TA was 60, but I raised my TA to 70 (I was told it would protect my liner and keep it from getting brittle) and now I can't keep the ph below 8 or higher.

So here are my questions:
1. Should I just lower my TA back to 60 and see if the ph stabilizes?
2. Should I raise the TA higher to see if that stabilizes the ph?
3. Is it true that TA must be around 100 for vinyl pools?

Here are my current numbers:
FC: 6
TC: .5
PH: 8.2 (possibly higher)
TA: 70
CYA 50

Rhonda, you mentioned ‘I’ve adjusted my ph twice.’
I was wondering,
Does that mean twice in a month? Twice ever? Or twice lately?
....only reason im
Asking, before learning to test my own water (daily past 4 months) and using TFP methods, I was UNAWARE the degree
water chemistry Changes....If you keep at it- you will start to see some Patterns - you’ll get to be an expert with your own pool - Is your water clear? Sparkly? Algae free?
I add chlorine daily and acid every few Days. My pool sparkles and first time in 11 years NO algae. it’s working, And making adjustments doesn't mean we’re sick, we may just need our daily dose -
pools are in flux...or we’d never test them once balanced...hope you’re not thinking there’s a magic TA BULLET that can keep pH from Moving
BUT if ya find one -GIRL!!! im in!!!
Btw....TC wouldn’t be .5
If your FC is 6. ??
Blessings

Rhonda, you mentioned ‘I’ve adjusted my ph twice.’
I was wondering,
Does that mean twice in a month? Twice ever? Or twice lately?
....only reason im
Asking, before learning to test my own water (daily past 4 months) and using TFP methods, I was UNAWARE the degree
water chemistry Changes....If you keep at it- you will start to see some Patterns - you’ll get to be an expert with your own pool - Is your water clear? Sparkly? Algae free?
I add chlorine daily and acid every few Days. My pool sparkles and first time in 11 years NO algae. it’s working, And making adjustments doesn't mean we’re sick, we may just need our daily dose -
pools are in flux...or we’d never test them once balanced...hope you’re not thinking there’s a magic TA BULLET that can keep pH from Moving
BUT if ya find one -GIRL!!! im in!!!
Btw....TC wouldn’t be .5
If your FC is 6. ??
Blessings

I've had to adjust it twice in the past week and a half. When my TA was 60, my ph was extremely stable. It would go up to 7.6 if I had a large swim load, but never went over that and stayed around 7.4 all the time. Since I raised my TA just that 10 points 2 weeks ago, ph has been very high.

The water is grogeous! Sparkly clear with no issues at all. I also add chlorine daily and that's really all I have to do to it for the most part. I got lazy at the beginning of the summer and used pucks and my CYA rose too high, once I started TFP method wholeheartedly, no issues whatsoever...except for this ph issue now.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.