Absorbic acid treatment

Christinerose

Aug 26, 2021
Maryland
Hi. New to this so I hope I explain it right. I was given a scale inhibitor at my pool store because my alkalinity and ph were very low. I also used baking soda to get my alkalinity up. Within a day after using the scale inhibitor, my vinyl pool liner tuned a yellowish color. Not sure if it was the baking soda or the scale stuff. A trip back to the pool store and was given 4 bottles of absorbed acid to put in the pool to remove the yellow stained liner. The next day the pool was perfect. One day later and it is so cloudy. I also added two bottles of pool magnet plus which they told me to do. The chlorine is at 0 and I want to get it back up but everyone says to wait a week. Do I need to wait that long and is the cloudiness going to go away or is it from no chlorine. I am so confused.

Welcome to TFP! :wave: The pool store is one of the worst places to go for advice. They are sending you in circles and taking LOTS of your money. First thing, stop going there. Get a TF-100 or Taylor K-2006C test kit and test your own water. The TF-100 link is in my signature. Update your signature too. Are you on a well? How do you chlorinate your water? Have you been using algaecides and pool products called "Blue"? My gut tells me you have metals in the water. maybe algae as well The scale inhibitor was a waste of $$ along with much of the other products they pushed.

But with more info and a good (reliable) set of test results we can help you. No question about it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.