SW PA
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
I took a video today to show how I attach my above ground pool steps to my pool wall with bungy cords. I also use cords to attach the weighted bleach bottles to the underside of the steps (not in video). On a side note... my camera lens was dirty n I didn't notice when I took the video.

Be careful, bungie cords deteriorate quickly when exposed to water.
I have to second this statement. I used bungees for several summers too. However it only took one time for one to deteriorate and drop to the bottom of the pool when Flipper the robot sucked it up and seized the motor. Good luck Casey but be careful. :)

I have to second this statement. I used bungees for several summers too. However it only took one time for one to deteriorate and drop to the bottom of the pool when Flipper the robot sucked it up and seized the motor. Good luck Casey but be careful. :)
Absolutely always careful. I remove the cords every week to sweep under the steps. I've used these fabric cords every year because they have no metal. I've never had one break in the 6 years my pool has been operating at our residence. It works for us and allows easy access to clean under the steps.

"I remove the cords every week to sweep under the steps."

If you ever go into the house cleaning business.....let me know. THAT'S dedication!
If you'd clean up after yourself you wouldn't need me!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.