Above ground pool, seeking pump filter advice

Repo79

May 1, 2018
richland wa
First big pool wanna do it right

We are set on getting either the coleman or intex 22x52 round pool. Our local store has the intex 28651eg for 199.99, is this okay for this pool or is there something close in price that will last longer per say? Coleman, intex same quality?

Re: First big pool wanna do it right

Combos are often not recommended. The filters are too small and often the pumps are too big. I would suggest a 1 HP 2-speed pump with a 18"+ diameter sand filter.

Pool will be here next week. It's a 22x52 intex. Want to replace the small filter it comes with, like to get either a 16 to 21 inch sand filter and at least a 1hp pump. I have access to 120v only not sure what the 2 speeds run on. First big pool for us.

Didn't I just make the same recommendation in your other thread?

People like the Powerflo Matrix pumps (SP15922S)

With your short season, the 16" sand might be fine, no harm in going bigger though.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I think there are threads that lay this out, but you might want to post a new thread in the Above Ground pool area with a title specific to this ... you might try searching for hard-plumbing Intex

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.