About to start a conversion in VT

Oh, and when I test with the little combined chlorine/ph test that comes in the blue box (is that the OTO test?), it turns a light yellow (matching somewhere between the 1 and 2 gradations), so there must be SOME chlorine. Unless I just don't get it...

Oh, and when I test with the little combined chlorine/ph test that comes in the blue box (is that the OTO test?), it turns a light yellow (matching somewhere between the 1 and 2 gradations), so there must be SOME chlorine. Unless I just don't get it...

Yes, that is it. Here's a descriptive link about it. If it still fails the overnight test then you are not done the shocking process even though it looks nice. Losing some during the day is common because of the sun, this is one big reason I like having an SWG to maintain the proper levels during the daytime hours. On my pool that is not in the sun all day, I would put in about a 6th of the jug to maintain levels without the SWG. That's for a 15k pool that has a solar cover on almost all the time. The cover limits chlorine loss and helps the pool stay warm here. being down South you will lose it much faster. You really don't want the chlorine levels getting too low in the temps you have or it will turn green when you least expect it.

Pool School - OTO Chlorine Test

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.