A Hard Lesson Cloromax and Discount Bleach

MarkThomasAZ

Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2020
Scottsdale, AZ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
After stopping Trichlor tablets I switched to liquid bleach. I first tried the cut rate discount bleach and then learned
that if it does not list the amount of hypochlorite then it is only 3%. Then I bought Chloromax Performance bleach at the local warehouse market.
The Chloromax gave me a white colored buildup I first observed on the inside of my vacuum line basket catcher. When I pulled it out sure enough white
slime odorless, but slime none the less. I immediately pulled the filters on my Hayward filter system and luckily the slime was not evident.
I did a routine cleaning on the filters and for a few minutes the water did become cloudy after cleaning the filters.
Going to go to pool store and buy swimming pool bleach.

Note:* When replacing the lid to your filter tank make sure to clean the degris out from the O-ring in the middle before replacing lid so
you don't have to take it apart 5 times to figure out why it is leaking....LOL ;)

PH 7.4
CL 3
FC1
CYA 60

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.