LGLDSR73

Jun 26, 2019
Boston
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Just wanted to say that this is a great Forum....indeed the entire website is a wealth of information. The help I have received here has been invaluable and I still can't wrap my head around the rapid response times when compared to other sites (Woodworking, Automotive, etc).

EVERYONE has been patently stellar. Thank you all!
Lyman

You are very welcome, if we helped you please think about helping the site stay open for everyone else.. We work for free but the website needs donations :)

You are very welcome, if we helped you please think about helping the site stay open for everyone else.. We work for free but the website needs donations :)

I know and am working on that and that's not just words. Retired on Social Insecurity, working PT at (sigh) Walmart. Capped on earnings as I had to take early retirement at not quite 63 so Full Time is not an option until I hit 66 and 4 months (will be 65 in July). Believe me, I want to and will help!
All the best,
Lyman

Reactions: cowboycasey
Just wanted to say that this is a great Forum....indeed the entire website is a wealth of information. The help I have received here has been invaluable and I still can't wrap my head around the rapid response times when compared to other sites (Woodworking, Automotive, etc).

EVERYONE has been patently stellar. Thank you all!
Lyman

What I find refreshing about this forum is how the professionals behave. The people on here who are in the industry are all helping people to take care of their own pools. Very often on other forums - especially DIY, if a person has a question you will find some of the pros responding "If you have to ask questions like that you should not do doing it yourself and should hire a professional". You never see that here.

Reactions: cowboycasey
Wanna know a fun story ? When I was truely sold on the program and felt the need to donate, I knew I’d be taking a leave for a surgery. Unsure if I’d ever be able to work again, it was wise to hold off for a while. Then the pandemic hit and we decided to move. Savings go transferred into down payment money and we were stretched THIN. Then recovering from surgery and all the costs associated with moving / setting up the new house. Yeah. It took a minute. But the first month the bills had subsided a bit I jumped at the donation when I wouldn’t notice the hit.

Wanna know what happened ? Within 30 minutes *on a Sunday* I had a PM from @Leebo wanting to make sure I got my welcome Emails and TFTestkits coupon. He also wanted to verify there was no lag and nothing got lost in my Spam folders. He knew darn well that I was long sold on the program but we’d spoke before so he wanted my feedback to ensure that regular new folks felt like they got what they paid for and it was seamless. Folks mind you, who had clearly already donated. Yup. He was making sure *on a Sunday* that those folks would be happy.

Talk about caring starting at the top and trickling down....... Good will begets even more good will and this place gets better by the day. It’s truely amazing.

full

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Until your financial situation turns around, you are always welcome to hang out here, and learn even more about your pool.
Who knows, you might even end up helping someone else with some of your knowledge. :)

Wanna know a fun story ? When I was truely sold on the program and felt the need to donate, I knew I’d be taking a leave for a surgery. Unsure if I’d ever be able to work again, it was wise to hold off for a while. Then the pandemic hit and we decided to move. Savings go transferred into down payment money and we were stretched THIN. Then recovering from surgery and all the costs associated with moving / setting up the new house. Yeah. It took a minute. But the first month the bills had subsided a bit I jumped at the donation when I wouldn’t notice the hit.

Wanna know what happened ? Within 30 minutes *on a Sunday* I had a PM from @Leebo wanting to make sure I got my welcome Emails and TFTestkits coupon. He also wanted to verify there was no lag and nothing got lost in my Spam folders. He knew darn well that I was long sold on the program but we’d spoke before so he wanted my feedback to ensure that regular new folks felt like they got what they paid for and it was seamless. Folks mind you, who had clearly already donated. Yup. He was making sure *on a Sunday* that those folks would be happy.

Talk about caring starting at the top and trickling down....... Good will begets even more good will and this place gets better by the day. It’s truely amazing.
It is truly amazing, it really is. And what Leebo did is also! This Forum and it's people absolutely rock. I can relate to your story well. Pandemic hit months after I retired. My best friend, a Detective for 38 years, same thing.
Thanks for sharing!
Lyman

Reactions: newdude
Until your financial situation turns around, you are always welcome to hang out here, and learn even more about your pool.
Who knows, you might even end up helping someone else with some of your knowledge. :)
Thanks for the compliment but my knowledge is not going to stand up to that of the others here!

Oddly enough and although I retired after 40 years in IT as a Network Administrator, my background included Photographic QA/QC (Chemical titrations, allot of working with Specific Gravity, NaOH, H2S04, etc) during my eleven years at Lockheed where I did both. DOD required it to keep chain of custody to a minimum.
Best,
Lyman

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.