Pool Liner has One Billion Tiny Holes!!

HELP!! Our 16 x 48 pool liner has a billion tiny holes in it!! We understand where we blew it when we installed it two years ago, we simply didn't give it the smooth bottom it needed so it was just a matter of time. HOWEVER we live in the Turks and Caicos Islands and shipping and duty will cause a $225 liner to arrive at a cost of $500.. We probably should just replace the whole pool for the difference in cost... BUT has anyone got any ideas for REPAIRING THIS???? Could we buy a tarp and put it over the frame? Could we put two inches of glue along the cement floor and completely glue the damaged liner to the cement?? This just needs to be an interim solution until someone is coming over and can bring a new pool/liner with their luggage...:cool:

I'm new but I ordered a liner from this company, lol they said free shipping maybe not to your island but the price was good. I heard others on this site use this place. Above Ground Liners - PoolSupplies.com lots of sale liners 25 gauge for a better price than local store. I paid $169 and the same liver was $400 local

Could the holes on the bottom be from coral in the sand used under the pool?

Thanks for the supplier ref! and we have the pool on a cement pad so there's no sand, no coral, but when we first installed it, we naively set it down on rough cement with a billion tiny stones... hence the billion tiny holes.... The boys are busy with the sticky swatches right now and my husband is at the hardware store, who knows what he'll come back with but it will be an interesting repair!!

attachment.php
Ha! You want pictures?!! This is our pool liner with my husband and two guys inside pointing out the holes while the guy outside slaps on a patch!!! Regrettably, we set it back up, put a foot of water in it, and woke up today to a large leak. My husband gives up.. This is a used pool, the first owner had it up for 2 or 3 years with little usage but it was up year round (we are in the Caribbean), and we took it down and set it up again with no experience (clearly) and it lasted another year. Considering the torture we put it through, I think that's a pretty good kudo for Intex! Cheers!

Attachments

• IMG_2706.jpg
    IMG_2706.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 233
I don't think you will be able to fix all those holes without buying a new liner. That's just a daunting task.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.