hello all!

well after many many internet searches I found myself coming back to this site more than anywhere else. the information has been more than helpful and atmosphere makes me feel green not incompetent! when we started looking for a pump for our little 307gallon inflatable we found that is was only 4$ more to get a whole pool with a pump so we did, and now I'm learning everything I can crash course style so that my family can go cool off. my pool little girl already had heat exhaustion once this season :(
here comes the funny that it seems I am not the first to do, I added 30 oz of 'shock' to the pool (5,500L pool) instead of grams :eek: and have added a limited knowledge of sodium thiosulfate to my list! Thanks to all the wonderful people here I have also found out that I could have saved myself a bundle on the overall chemicals by going to the grocery store/hardware store instead of buying the big 'stress free starter kit'. oh well learn and keep swimming!! I'm sure some of you will see my panicked questions at least once or twice this year on here, bare with me I overheat fast and my poor mommy brain just doesn't cope!

Oh poor mommy brain! I so understand! Take a deep breath and let it out slow................There lets get started!

Look at my siggy below. You will find the test kits we use and love. With you being in Canada you will only be able to find the Taylor 2006. Make sure it is NOT the Taylor 2005. The 5 does not have one of the main tests.

Let us know when you get your test kit and we will go from there!

HUGS!

Kim

WONDERFUL! I see you on the cash with kids! Man they can eat and clothes............oh my they seem to grow overnight!

Here is a little reading while you wait for your test kit. It will tell you want you will need to keep your pool clear and safe for the kids and you.

Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

Note that most of this stuff can be bought at a local grocery store! LOVE IT!

Here is a link to give you an idea how easy it is to take care of a pool using TFP.

Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule

Let me know ANY other questions or concerns you have. I love to help!

Kim