Free Chlorine Level

Jul 1, 2015
Boston
Hello all,

New pool owner and I have adjusted all levels to within normal parameters with the exception of FC, which is reading very high at 15ppm. IS it OK to leave it at that and let it drift down normally? I have an inline chlorinator that I stock with the HTH 3" Tri-Chlor tabs and am also worried about my CYA levels creeping up, is there another alternative to the tabs that will not raise CYA? I have been toying with the adjustment level on the in line chlorinator, steadily decreasing it, now set on 3. Thanks for any suggestions.

John

FC 15ppm
CC 0ppm
PH 7.6ppm
TA 100ppm
CH 190ppm
CYA 80ppm

24k gallons, 36*18 inground pool, plaster, DE filter, I'm in Boston and pool is in direct sunlight most of the day.

Welcome to TFP!!:handwave:

The only option to keep the CYA down is liquid products or converting to a Salt Water Chlorine Generator.

Yes, you can let it drift down normally, but remember with a CYA of 80 you want to target 9 and never let it go below 6.

How did you get these numbers, your testing or pool store?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.