Help: new pool owner has wall stains

Folks this is a first time post from a 1 month 1st time pool owner. Have a 31000 gallon chlorine pool that has white plaster. After 1 month we had the pool drained and light acid washed to remove some of the curing stains we couldn't get rid of. 3 days ago we started filling the pool and it took 52 hours after the light acid wash. At that point I started up the pump added about 5 lbs of shock and brushed the pool. The water from the tap had a greenish tint to it when we filled it. The next morning the water was still green although lighter. I backwashed the filter twice and added a total of 10 lbs of shock today and brush and vacuumed it twice. But in the deep end and in various place In the pool there are what appears to be green stains that I can't get to move. Water is crystal clear blue but how do I get rid of these stains?

I would guess it is from metals in your fill water. You can try using vitamin C tablets. Put them in a sock and crush them. Set them on the stains and see if they become lighter or go away.

I am sure someone else may have some ideas too.

Welcome to TFP!

We use TFP methods here. We don't add shock to our pools. We use bleach or liquid chlorine and follow the SLAM process when needed.

Have you read through pool school at all? There is some great information in there.

The Vitamin C will determine whether it is indeed metal. If it is, you can search for AA Treatments.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.