Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Good Evening,

I will be leaving Sunday morning until next Friday. All day tomorrow we are supposed to get huge amounts of rain and temps in the 60s. Into next week, weather will be returning to mid 80s.

Currently, here are my values

FC 3.5
CC .5
pH 7.5
TA 120
CYA 70
CH 200

The water is crystal clear and has the wonderful jewel appearance to it. I have two concerns 1 - there seems to be some brown sandy material collecting ever so slightly the last few days. 2 - my CC is now .5.

My SWG is at 50% for 10 hours a day …

While I am away, people will probably be swimming.

is there anything that I should do?

I was thinking of bumping up my FC tonight - retesting a half hour later and then performing a OCLT just to be sure there isn't something lurking that I don't know about …

Thoughts anyone?

You have a good plan.

Will the swimmers also be able to test your pool? If so have them do it.

I would also think about having them add bleach to your water while you are gone just in case there is something is brewing AND you and I know they will be adding to your pool.

Kim

So I passed the OCLT with flying colors - 0 FC loss and CC now appears to be 0 .... Maybe I was concerned for nothing?

6/26 1000
FC 10.5
CC .5

6/27 0530

FC 10 possibly close to 10.5
CC 0

So no other additions and just have someone do the basic pH and FC test?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.