I turned a friend onto TFP.

kris77

May 27, 2014
Clarksburg, WV
So a buddy of mine bought a house with a pool a year or so ago. This year he decided to try the TFP way of taking care of it.

Well, last week, his liner started to literally crumble and disintegrate. The seams started coming apart and he is now losing water. New liner time for him.

I'm just asking....The previous owner ONLY used pristine blue for YEARS. Is there any way switching to TFP could have caused or sped up the process of the liner going bad? Would all the copper from pristine blue have caused any damage? Or is it more likely the liner was just old and time for a change?

Liner was pretty old. I think the pool was like 15 years old. I don't know if the liner was ever changed or not. I'd say not....It was pretty faded.

Ph when he opened the pool was below 6.8 this year....I do know that.

I'm thinking it was just old age.

15 years is a long life for a liner. Realistically you can expect 6-8 years, and hope for more. Life and PH are probably the culprit.

If the vinyl was brittle all around the pool, then I would guess PH was a bigger culprit. Failure due to age and sunlight tends to be horizontal rips along the water line of the pool.

- - - Updated - - -

15 years is a long life for a liner. Realistically you can expect 6-8 years, and hope for more. Life and PH are probably the culprit.

If the vinyl was brittle all around the pool, then I would guess PH was a bigger culprit. Failure due to age and sunlight tends to be horizontal rips along the water line of the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.