New Costco AGP.

JW9DVC

Jun 11, 2015
Valenica, CA
So I'm thinking of getting the Costco 18x9 pool for the family. It's $500 right now in store. Working on getting ground level and electrical lines ran.

Have a test kit on order. After I get it and start filling. Was thinking of adding stabilizer to a sock while filling. Have it in front of water source while filling. Good or bad? 3800 gallons.

Will order an intex swg and possibility a robot Aqua jr. Pool party for kids on Saturday.

Thanks. Once I get it, will update my signature.

JW

Re: New Costco Abive ground pool.

Hello and welcome to TFP! Adding stabilizer (CYA) after fill is certainly recommended to protect your free chlorine. Use the poolmath calculator (link below) to help you figure-out how much to add. Once you report back with all your pool info, please let us know which test kit you ordered as well along with a full set of number (FC, CC, CYA, PH, TA, and CH). We'll be glad to assist. Have a great day.

Re: New Costco Abive ground pool.

I can't see why you couldn't have the sock of CYA anchored in front of your fill hose, but maybe someone with more knowledge will chime in and prove me wrong. We recently took down our old soft sided pool and are replacing it with the same one from Costco. A lot of work here, as we had to create a special base for the pool (darn gopher problems!). I"ll tell you though, my 5 and 3 year old have LOVED having a pool, and that makes it worth all the effort. Good luck with the set up, and can't wait to see how it looks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.