Adding CYA

Been there, it takes forever for the granuals to dissolve, even with hot water. I would use a paint mixer in an 18V drill and go thru two batteries and the stuff still wouldn't be dissolved.

Since I started TFPC I put it in a nylon stocking hanging from the ladder, done in a few days to a week. Easy-Peasy.

YMMV

Dom

Dom has it.

Generally there is a lot of experience behind the recommendations made here at TFP. But, whenit comes down to it, it's your pool to treat how you would like. To quote Dave, Site Owner of TFP:
Throughout TFP, you will read that we suggest certain levels that good science and practical experience has taught us fall within safe ranges.

Further reading of posts here will draw you to the inescapable conclusion that these guidelines work.......in thousands and thousands of pools worldwide.

You may or may not choose to use these methods and guidelines or you may use some and not others. Our goal is to teach you what has been proven time and time again and then let you use that information to your benefit.

Been there, it takes forever for the granuals to dissolve, even with hot water. I would use a paint mixer in an 18V drill and go thru two batteries and the stuff still wouldn't be dissolved.

Since I started TFPC I put it in a nylon stocking hanging from the ladder, done in a few days to a week. Easy-Peasy.

YMMV

Dom
:goodpost:

Love to see new people jump in with answers!

It's best not to put the socks in the skimmer. It is acid after all. You're better off placing the sock in front of the return or anywhere else in the pool. Aside from DE don't put anything in the skimmer, including pucks. Use floaters for the occasional/temporary usage of pucks.

It's best not to put the socks in the skimmer. It is acid after all. You're better off placing the sock in front of the return or anywhere else in the pool. Aside from DE don't put anything in the skimmer, including pucks. Use floaters for the occasional/temporary usage of pucks.

As long as the pump is on and the water is circulating one of the TFP recommendations is to set the sock in the top of the skimmer. Now if the pump is off then it is recommended it not be in there.

- - - Updated - - -

You can read about adding stablizer in a sock to the skimmer basket on this page.

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.