how to stop spa from overflowing into pool??

Jun 15, 2015
Las Vegas
Hi all, new pool/spa owner here. I figured out the basics of my heating system, only problem is I don't know how to heat my spa without the water overflowing into the pool, causing the pool to heat up and taking the spa a long time to heat up as well. Can anyone help me with my problem? I don't know what any of the switches do asides the red one(gas) and the one labeled pool and spa, (which selects where the water is to be pumped)

PS: I can post more pictures tomorrow if needed(in the light)
Thank you all!

Attachments

• IMG_9562.jpg
    IMG_9562.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_9566.jpg
    IMG_9566.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_9565.jpg
    IMG_9565.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_9564.jpg
    IMG_9564.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_9563.jpg
    IMG_9563.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 57
So, you've figured out the basics of your heating system, now you need to work out the basics of your plumbing system...those valve (except the red one) look like three way valves, is that correct?

If so, you should be able to turn them such that the only source of water going to the pump is from the drain in your spa, and the only output after the heater is going to returns in your spa. You might need to play with the valves to see what each one actuates, but that's how you do it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.