Stenner pump chlorine question

May 15, 2015
Chandler
Hi,
I am installing a Stenner 45HP10 pump. I have a variable speed pool pump that runs 9 hours a night and 6 of those hours is at 1,000 rpm (barely see water moving but it is) and 3 hours at 2750 to run the vacuum. So would it matter when the stenner pump is running as long as it's while the pool pump is running? Would it make a difference if it ran during lower speed times vs. higher speed? Pumping into the returns.

Matt

No it should not make much difference. The 45hp10 pump will be dispensing about 0.9 oz per minute. My VS pump with my plumbing will move 25 gpm at 1000 rpm and about 70 gpm at 2750. Your's will be different but likely similar. Therefore the chlorine will be diluted a little more at the higher speed than the lower speed but even the lower speed is fairly dilute - 6 teaspoons of Chlorine / 25 gallons of water (or about 30 ppm - assuming 10% chlorine - which upon entering the pool will dilute quickly).

Gary

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.