Do I need a Robot?

SoonerWing

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 27, 2015
Tuttle/Oklahoma
Our pool comes with an MX-8 but I don't know if I need a Robot in addition or instead or at all. I don't have any tree's near my pool so leaves wont really be an issue but being in Oklahoma, blowing dirt is. I guess I don't really understand the differences between a suction side cleaner and a robot. Any help would be much appreciated.

You do not need the MX-8 AND a robot. Usually you only have 1 cleaner. I would see how the MX-8 does for you maybe in the future consider a robot.

I had 2 robots, both died, and now I have a suction PoolCleaner. The suction is less work as far as cleaning the cleaner, but does put the dirt into the filter so it needs more attention. I have a tendency to want to leave the cleaner in the pool, no problem with the suction cleaner ... could be why the robots died after a few years.

Check out: Pool School - Automatic Pool Cleaners

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.