New at this and frustrated already.

Definitely keep the peace at home! :) Hopefully the debris is just that - simple debris that can be swept/vacuumed. If for some reason it's not, or your pool continues to stay cloudy or deteriorate, please consider what we've emphasized above about getting the proper test kit. Enjoy your weekend!

We have skimmer socks AKA the "pre-filter" already in our skimmer and use them basically 24/7. I also backwash when the jet stream is weak. The water is completely clear now! Still have the debris on the bottom of the pool, but I was told that this is normal and that I just needed to sweep every day. It's been hard to do so lately because of the rain that we've been having. Thanks everyone!

That's so awesome to hear that it doesn't look like mustard algae!!!!!!! Hopefully I can just keep sweeping and it will finally all get filtered out. I'm afraid if I go to my husband with one more pool related expense, he might just throw me out! I might have to cozy up to him over the weekend ;)

Hi Katie...and welcome.
Here's A thought, if your hubby is computer capable(or even if he's not) have him get on here with you and check out this site. Just tell him there are people like you that have found a home here to keep their pools clean and clear WITHOUT pool store sales tactics. Tell him an old, stubborn, retired truck driver can do this. :D

As they have said, getting a good test kit ordered is job one. I paused when they told me that as I had test strips and a cheap PH & TC kit. I've found those kits I had were as accurate as flipping a coin and "guessing" heads or tails.
The neat thing about the TF100 (and my personal favorite the speedstir) is it comes with ALL these pros to analyze the your results and guide you as what to do next until you get the hang of it. And even then, they won't go away. They're just a post away.

You and he will soon find out that maintaining that pool will be easy(and less expensive) then it is now. The house part is a different story, but then again who knows, they can probably help you out there :thumleft: They're pretty knowledgeable around here.

Welcome aboard(and for your husband) cozying up never hurts ;)