Florida pool build oh boy!

QingGuy,
I'm sure the grill will be great. I never imagined spending that much on a grill but my credit card had a deal to save about $600 so I couldn't pass it up.

Karynkjd,
Thanks for the comments. I hope it looks great when done. I wish I could have gone a little bigger like many other pools here but I'm sure it will work for this family of 4. BTW, what is silver slate stamped concrete? Do you have a pic of it? They are starting my stamped concrete next week.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and Suz,
Your pool looks fantastic!!!

would anyone know the proper way to do stamped concrete? I talked to my PB tonight and he said that they don't need to worry about color until after the stamping is completed. He said by doing it this way that if there are any issues in the future it will be easier to match the color.... We still don't know which way to go on color.

Mine was colored before but my stamped concrete guy does things different than many other guys he said after years of learning from mistakes. If you google stamped concrete by Russ you can see his - or check out my build I did the color called silver Asher slate..
7797748bf588978ffbf425837213e111.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine was colored before but my stamped concrete guy does things different than many other guys he said after years of learning from mistakes. If you google stamped concrete by Russ you can see his - or check out my build I did the color called silver Asher slate..
7797748bf588978ffbf425837213e111.jpg

I love the color and I checked out your build. Great looking pool!!! I would love to use this color but afraid it won't look right due to the color of the house being a beige. I would love this because it matches the tile in my house. Thanks for the info!

So the guys that shot the pool came out a couple of days ago and backfilled around the pool. Then today a different crew came in and dug it all back up to start the plumbing. I guess this is normal to do a little double work. Plumbing should be done tomorrow and glass time will be done by end of week and stamped concrete will be done next week. This is going way too fast. I guess its a good thing so i don't have a chance to change my mind on anything else.

Funny! I know my PB is wishing he had moved really fast on our pool! I've made so many changes and additions! But you're right! It does save you money and impatience over waiting.

Keep the pictures rolling! What color are ya'll getting for your stamped concrete? I can't wait for the glass tile to begin! Suz.

- - - Updated - - -

I just saw your post on Txnole's thread. Are you going with the Travertine pattern on the stamped deck? To me, part of the beauty of Travertine is the pattern they use.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Suz,
We are not sure what color stamped concrete we are going with yet. We like the grey because we have a beach cottage look inside the house and would love the grey to match our grey floors but as stated earlier my house is beige and the stamped concrete transitions under my lanai.
I never thought about tavertine tile until it was too late. I tried to switch but the BP said he couldn't because the elevation of the pool would be different. I always thought tavertine would be more expensive than stamped concrete. The going rate here for stamped is $12-$16 per sq foot. Since we are in Florida I want to go with a tavertine stamp with a light color due to the year round sun and heat here.

It sounds like you have a good plan - the Travertine pattern which is beautiful and a light color for the heat. I don't know if the grey is considered light or not. Our landscape designer said it was good to connect the inside of the house with the outside - colors, design, etc.

I've seen several people here on TFP beautifully blend greys and earth tones (Browns, beige, etc). And I think your glass tile would look fabulous with the grey/silver color Karynkjd used.

Maybe someone will come along who can help you tie it all together. But if for you, greys and Browns fight each other, then it's probably best not to try. And keep in mind, Suz has never been known for her sense of style and color!!! Take care. Suz.

We are not good at choosing colors. We built our house last year and it was extremely tough. If someone comes along and can offer a suggestion that would be great.

here is what i was thinking for the color of the patio and pattern

The stamped concrete begins just outside the patio doors here

and here is the color of the outside of the house

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!

I think the color you have in that first picture is beautiful it's an even closer likeness of the travertine in that tone - and it will be less hot on your feet for sure. This past weekend when it hit the 90's the gray was hot on my feet..

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.