Chlorine reading continues to show 0 & pool remains cloudy - going on 4 weeks - HELP

Chlorine reading continues to show 0 & pool remains cloudy - going on 4 weeks - HELP

I have been trying to clear up my pool for almost 4 weeks. Had bad algae when uncovered and after 2 weeks got that cleared up; however, over the past 2 weeks, Leslie Pool continues to check water and make suggestions, which I try, but pool remains cloudy. I had my "last" visit with them 2 days ago and trying to test water and clear up on my own. The last reading from them showed 0 FC, 0 TAC, hardness ok, CYA at 0, TA at 60, PH ok - no metals. I was told to add alkalinity Up to raise alkalinity (used sodium bicarbonite). Increased the TA as well as PH - then added Power Powder Plus - 1 lb and approx hour later added stabilizer. This morning I tested for chlorine and still at 0, TA around 140 and PH around 7.4....BUT STILL NO CHLORINE AND POOL REMAINS CLOUDY. This morning - after testing - at 7 am added 2 more lbs of shock........and chlorine remains at 0. I am at my wits end and don't know what to try next. Help would be appreciated.

Re: Chlorine reading continues to show 0 & pool remains cloudy - going on 4 weeks - H

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!!

You need to stop wasting money at the pool store and do NOT let them test your water any more.
Invest in one of the Recommended Test Kits and take control of your pool.
Once you have the kit, post up a full set of numbers and we will get you straightened up.
Likely you will need to follow the ShockLevelAndMAINTAIN Process as something is consuming the chlorine in your water.

Have you discovered Pool School yet? Start with these:
ABCs of Water Chemistry
Recommended Pool Chemicals
How to Chlorinate Your Pool

Re: Chlorine reading continues to show 0 & pool remains cloudy - going on 4 weeks - H

Welcome Shelby! Jason gave you all the good hyperlinks. :) So I would just say what I learned ....... if the pool store is due North, I Run South! I almost NEVER go there unless I need something like a pool brush or toy. Order a TF-100 kit and save yourself some aspirin. :) Very happy you joined us. Post back for any more questions.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.