First above ground pool. Make sure I have everything correct.

Well it looks like the guy from the first picture found an adapter that would work in the electrical PVC department so I am going to see what I can find before I spend $11 on a fitting. Already spending enough on this thing already. A pool that was on sale at walmart has already doubled in cost. :D

I don't think you'll find anything at the hardware store that will attach directly to the female Intex hose. It's a proprietary thread. There's a post in the forum showing a way to make adapters to hard pipe directly from your pump using this fitting from Lowe's:

http://www.lowes.com/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10051&langId=-1&productId=3822961&partNumber=49111-1716-L5133719L&storeId=10151

and glue it inside a 1 1/2" PVC coupling, sandwiching the female nut butchered from the Intex hose. It ends up looking like this (sorry, I'm a sloppy PVC glue-er):

image1.JPG

There's a really good tutorial here along with lots of other useful info:http://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/28539-Useful-links-for-fellow-Intex-Pool-Owners

I don't think you'll find anything at the hardware store that will attach directly to the female Intex hose. It's a proprietary thread. There's a post in the forum showing a way to make adapters to hard pipe directly from your pump using this fitting from Lowe's:

http://www.lowes.com/ProductDisplay...partNumber=49111-1716-L5133719L&storeId=10151

and glue it inside a 1 1/2" PVC coupling, sandwiching the female nut butchered from the Intex hose. It ends up looking like this (sorry, I'm a sloppy PVC glue-er):

View attachment 38063

There's a really good tutorial here along with lots of other useful info:http://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/28539-Useful-links-for-fellow-Intex-Pool-Owners
Yes, I have seen this done and have debated it. I was hoping to use the original hoses to minimize the cost of PVC.
The thing that makes me believe that there is an adapter that will work is the first post. If not I will hard pipe the entire system.

So buy $22 in adapters or $22 in 1-1/2" pvc. lol
Gonna need more beer.

Yeah, I think my $296 pool project just crossed the $1,000 mark with my last trip to Lowe's for ball valves. I haven't even set it up yet! :cry: I think I have $80 in PVC, but $40 of that is just in the valves. If you go the adapter route, I believe they come as a pair, so unless you need four, you'd only order one kit.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
brad, my only suggestion is have the pipes come all the way to the ground. halfway up the pool could be a safety risk for a small child that could climb on top of the pipe and then get into the pool.

brad, my only suggestion is have the pipes come all the way to the ground. halfway up the pool could be a safety risk for a small child that could climb on top of the pipe and then get into the pool.
I hadnt though of that but there wont be any kids around this at all.
Here is the plan for piping. I am not an artist btw.

Attachments

• 20150610_111004.jpg
    20150610_111004.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 52
Better artist than I am! Good job! I like the looks of that. I also like the hard plumbing as you just never know when a critter will run through/over/under your fittings and pipes and you lose you water!

I like that you are adding valves. That will save you so much time, effort and water!

You might want to add unions so you can disconnect your pump and filter just in case they need to be removed.

Kim (Yeah I know I just spent some more of your money LOL)

if you put the fountain on a separate line, you'll have more control over the height of the fountain because you can close off the return port. with it on the same line, the fountain is going to be a lot smaller because a lot of water is going to the return port.

Better artist than I am! Good job! I like the looks of that. I also like the hard plumbing as you just never know when a critter will run through/over/under your fittings and pipes and you lose you water!

I like that you are adding valves. That will save you so much time, effort and water!

You might want to add unions so you can disconnect your pump and filter just in case they need to be removed.

Kim (Yeah I know I just spent some more of your money LOL)
I did add two more unions after I added the picture. Thanks.
if you put the fountain on a separate line, you'll have more control over the height of the fountain because you can close off the return port. with it on the same line, the fountain is going to be a lot smaller because a lot of water is going to the return port.
Very good point. I will just move the T down and add a 90 at the return and fountain. Good thinking. :cheers:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.