Going from Summer Escape RP600 to Intex Sand Pump/Filter

Jun 8, 2015
Sugar Land
Hi All -

Newbie here :). Have been reading forums with lots of interest and believe I've picked up the relevant info but want to confirm here.

Basically I have a Summer Escapes Freestanding/Easy Set (not pro series) 12' x 30" pool. Like most others I've found that the included RP600 pump/filter system is woefully inadequate. Therefore I want to upgrade to something like an Intex Krystal Clear Sand Filter pump either 1200gph or 2100gph.

This SE pool does not have the skimmer setup - it has the suction fitting / thru wall intake.

So my main question - can I change from the RP600 to this Intex Sand Filter setup? I want to avoid hole cutting and I believe I just need hose adapter fittings - I see some people keep the original filter/pump in place (obviously not using it) to avoid some connection problems?

Thanks in advance,

Darren
Houston, TX

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Sorry you have not gotten any quicker responses.

I am not familiar with the various systems on these pools. I am sure you can use an Intex pump/filter with that pool, but I am not sure if you can do so with cutting. Maybe someone else can help.

Not sure exactly what you are trying to do but I chose to cut and not adapt. People go either way but if you have the tools I suggest cutting. The link in my signature has a lot of help full info. A lot of youtube videos for cutting and adapting exist but I only have the links saved for the method I chose. Hope this helps a little

youtube:
How to convert a summer escapes pro-series pool to larger intex 2500 gal pump - YouTube

Converting the Summer Escapes Pool Filter to Intex Filteration - YouTube

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.