Cannot edit my signature

geri

Sep 3, 2009
San Rafael California
I created a signature a few years ago and today I attempted to make a very minor change without success. No matter what I try to do, even if I attempt to re-save my current signature I get the following error message: Your signature contains too many lines and must be shortened. You may only have up to 5 line(s). Long text may have been implicitly wrapped, causing it to be counted as multiple lines. BTW I get this message no matter what I do, even if I try to pare the signature down to a single word or eliminate it entirely! I am at a loss. Any ideas?

I have had this problem as well. Even though you think you have 5 lines or less, which is the limit for signatures, the forum software wraps the text at a certain width and creates another line during the validation process. Basically your signature is too long and you have reduce the number of lines or the number of words per line. There is also a 800 character limit and I found out the software counts the characters in any URLs that are hidden.

Looking at your signature, there are probably a lot of words you could eliminate without losing much information.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.