EasyTouch8 with ScreenLogic Wireless kit?

mhoy

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 3, 2013
Sunnyvale, CA
OK, I scored on Ebay with a ScreenLogic wireless kit at about $60 shipped. However it is in unknown condition. Looks basically new to me.

I believe it's a matched set:
ScreenLogic Wireless Link has the following on it: FC: KQL-AC4490 IC: 2268C44901000
Small Wireless extender board: Laird Technologies FCCID: KQI AC4490 IC: 2268C-44901000
With antennas too.c

Suggestion on how to test this with my EasyTouch 8 would be greatly appreciated (assuming it will work at all).
Is Screenlogic Connect the right software (seems to point to ScreenLogic2 everywhere on Pentair site), it seems to instantly exit on OSX 10.10.2 ... (argh).

I seem to also need to get a protocol converter to go from RS-485 to Ethernet. There was a thread somewhere about using a Raspberry Pi that peaked my interest.

Mark

Attachments

• screenlogic.jpg
    screenlogic.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 32
Yes, you have to have the protocol adapter. What you have is a wireless link so that you do not have to have a hardwired link between the Easytouch power center and the protocol adapter. The protocol adapter comes with software for PC, I am not sure about Mac. You download apps for Iphone or Android to complete the system. The walwart powers the protocol adapter in lieu of the that hardwire connection that would otherwise power it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.