Jandy Leaf B Gone - Is Ventuzi Nozzle Needed?

Mar 28, 2015
Gilbert, AZ
Just figured out what the heck was built into the deck of my pool - a Jandy Leaf B Gone system. Hoping if anyone has the same system could chime in. I can see water flowing under the clear lid, but it's no doing a great job sucking leaves in at the bottom of the pool. I see two problems. The first is, the O ring under the clear lid was removed, so air is getting in - it seems when I hold my hand over the hole from where water leaves into the pool, so the water replaces air under the lid, the suction gets better and it starts to pull in some leaves. Getting an O ring and preventing the air getting in should help a lot, right? That O ring is affordable at $6, so it's fine. But the second issue is, I am missing the ventuzi nozzle that screws to the bottom supply pipe, so while I have supply water flowing in, it's exiting the 1'' pipe and does not go through a 1/4'' ventuzi nozzle. Does this impact performance significantly or not? The plastic nozzle is a rip off at $35, but if it helps with performance in a serious way, I'd buy it. I'd hate to spend the money on it and realize that the performance is not affected whether the water leaves out of the 1'' supply or gets narrowed to the 1/4'' nozzle. If anyone could chime in, that'd be great!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.