Newbie HELP!!

May 30, 2015
Merced, Ca
I just installed a 26x52 (15,000gal) Intex ultra frame pool. I haven't added ANY chemicals yet and have just heard of the BBB method. Is it safe for vinyl pools? Will my liner bleach out? Besides ordering a good water tester what do I need to add first to my water? The pool has been filled for 3 days and the kids have swam twice but I need to address treating the water before I start having water problems. Can anyone share some knowledge?? I am completely new to this site.. Thanks

Welcome to TFP!

We call it TFPC now as it's slightly different, and you don't always need the all the BBB chemicals. That said, it is safe, and it won't bleach your liner. All chlorine has the same potential to bleach the liner, no matter the form. Once different forms of chlorine are in the water, they are identical. I would suggest first that you need one of the recommended test kits. A Taylor K2006 or my preference, the TF100. Then, Pool School. Begin with the ABC's, and work your way into more. To properly treat the pool you need the kit, and the knowledge. We will be here to help and guide you through to learn when you have questions. Good to have you on the forum, and I hope you enjoy your stay.

Welcome to the forum. :wave:

Until you get a test kit and can sort out how to maintain your pool, it is important you add chlorine.

Each night, when the sun is off the pool, put in one small jug of Clorox, pouring it in front of the return......pump running.

Do this every night until you can develop a plan of action to get your other chemistry balanced.

Welcome! I'm new myself and have learned so much already. About to switch to BBB method because pools store tests can be WAY off. And they almost never have chlorine that doesn't have stabilizer. It's not balanced and will cost you a lot in water replacement if CYA (stabilizer/conditioner) gets too high. Learned that within 2 weeks. Even with crazy rain events in TX, I've managed to keep my pool in check. These guys are great!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.