Fiberglass pool inground inserts

deenamccauley

LifeTime Supporter
May 29, 2007
Alberta, Canada
We have friends that are considering putting in one of these fiberglass inground insert pools.
We live in Alberta, Canada so have some fierce winters. It's not uncommon at all for us to get 40 below and lots of snow.
Just wondering does anyone have one, had experience with one?
Any thoughts on how they stand up to thaw/freeze cycles.
Thanks

These pools are no different then concrete or vinyl lined pools. They close the same, their huge plus in my opinion, is they need less care for the water that is in them, as it will not affect the sides. But the water still needs to be balanced for the skin an eyes.

IMO, I think they are not worth the price they ask for them. They are considered the "Premium Pool" and the price reflects that. I have a vinyl lined pool and if I was ever to build one again. I would go with the shot crete and put some cool designs in it like alot of the ones on here. Your choices are limitless when doing shotcrete.

Hope that helps

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.