Pressure cleaner pump configuration question

OzPool

Jan 2, 2013
Sydney
Hi, my pool runs a flooded system (pipes and all equipment are well below water level) so no issues with pumps needing to prime. I have just bought a new booster pump for my Polaris pressure cleaner to replace the clapped out spa pump it is currently using. The Polaris manual specifies that the booster pump should be plumbed in upstream of the SWG, which seems primarily to be to avoid air bubbles in the pump. As my system is flooded, is this really a concern?

I'd prefer to plumb it downstream of the SWG so that I can run my 3 speed Viron pump at the lowest speed. If I plumb it upstream of the SWG it reduces the flow through the chlorinator to the point where a large air/gas bubble accumulates in it, which is a concern. Any thoughts on whether I should strictly adhere to the manual?

Thanks Jason, that did occur to me too. What components would you imagine would be affected? The pump internals seem pretty robust and there are not many moving parts within the cleaner that are directly in contact with the delivery water. I could see how the leaf bag might deteriorate faster.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.