When is baking soda not baking soda (aka, tell me how badly I messed this up)

Just to update, pool was clear as of this morning, ph was around 7.9 and as of tomorrow's check, should be 7.6 or below.

All in all, it took about 60oz wt. of dry acid. I'll post results and of course when I get my tfp test kit, I'll post those as well.

Thanks again, all. I'll get some better pics and perhaps some good aerials.

Excellent, thank you, sir. After 55 oz of sodium carbonate, any guesses on how much dry acid it will take to bring this back?

Thanks again for all your help.

Click on the PoolMath tab near the top of this page and fill out as many details as you can. There's all sorts of pull down selections you can make and when you've got it all filled out, populate the Now and Target values and you'll see how much you should add.

PS Don't let undissolved dry acid sit on the bottom of your pool. It can do damage. Have your pool brush handy and brush any undissolved powder until it's gone. That's one of the benefits of liquid acid, it doesn't have to dissolve, it just has to mix.

The pool calculator says for large changes, it's an estimate. That said, it turned out taking 72oz. Dry acid to bring it back. My wife, who was a chemistry major before switching up, mentioned that it may not be as simple as what the math suggests, due to the quantity of soda ash that was dumped in.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.