NEW Blue Surf Pebble Sheen color

LOL at the warm water not keeping you out but cool water does. I have to say I am the same way. No more pool time for me----too burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr now for me.

Kim

Seeeee..... when you get your new pool, you will get a spa for that very reason. Nick and I've discovered (we're slow to figure out these things) that the spa is keeping us in the main pool a little longer. When we get cold in the pool, we jump in the heated spa (it takes maybe ten minutes), and then when too warm, we jump back into the pool. It doesn't seem to cost much to heat up the spa and then turn the heater off. Also, what is working for now, if we want to stay in the main pool area, I just turn spa mode off and pool mode on. That wonderful warm water comes out of the main pool return jets. We only leave the heater on for the time we're in the water which isn't long enough to heat the entire pool (and empty my bank account), but it's wonderful to swim up to a return jet and get warmed before back to playing in the water. I'm curious to see how many more days this gives us of swim season.

Suz.

9a86f765ffca9e5271ffa4296eee75b3-1.jpg

88db9bf44efd24be33a55758b9064e49-1.jpg

Took those same samples (aqua blue, blue granite, French grey) and dropped them on the top step. I have to say the blue granite almost looks lighter than the blue surf in the pool. Although in the second pic, from a different angle, it almost looks darker again. It's all so variable with lighting, etc, makes it hard to really know what it'll turn out like when it's all said and done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Winter247
That's terrific! I didn't know you had all those samples.

I love the deeper blue of the Surf. It's gorgeous! Yep, I would have liked the Blue Surf. I'm NOT complaining. It's impossible to predict all the choices. I'm very, very much in love with my pool.

Great comparison! Very helpful to folks.
Suz.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
On the list of Pebble Sheen colors one builder gave me, there were three levels and both Aqua Blue and Blue Granite were on level one. Blue Surf isn't on the list at all since it is an older list. Does anyone know if the Surf is considered a standard color or an upgrade?

On the list of Pebble Sheen colors one builder gave me, there were three levels and both Aqua Blue and Blue Granite were on level one. Blue Surf isn't on the list at all since it is an older list. Does anyone know if the Surf is considered a standard color or an upgrade?

I think basically the levels are as follows:

Standard (level 1): standard pebble sheen. Basically rocks and plaster.
Better (level 2): colors that have: rocks, plaster, and shimmering sea.

I haven't seen the 3rd level but I am guessing it has the glass like luminous. This is what I observed at my PB.

Interestingly, we added shimmering sea shells to our blue surf for about $500. The next tier pebble sheen colors (which apparently include shimmering sea) were quoted as roughly $2k more for us...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am not sure why they cost so much more. Maybe they have pixie dust in them?? I do know that all the level 2 pebble sheen products already have the shimmering sea in them. When I was at my PB that is how I knew that they were more expensive because I saw the sparkle. So maybe the rocks they use have better coloring? Who knows. I just was pointing out the shimmering sea as an easy way to tell what pebble sheen products are the standard vs upgrade.

Here's a couple shots of my Blue Surf pool with double abalone. Obviously, a lot outside the pool is still under construction, but I wanted to post these shots to help others since this thread helped me decide on going with this color.

Naze7PR-1.jpg

WfOfbLt-1.jpg

KFj82hm-1.jpg

KDkwgiZ-1.jpg

Reactions: Autie
Welcome to TFP!!!

Wow - awesome pool! The Blue Surf looks great, and I love the pool design.

I'm glad the thread helped with your decision. It's one of the toughest, right?! At least it was for me.

Where are you guys located? Do you still have some swim season left? It looks sunny and warm in the photos.

The stone work on the pool and house is gorgeous - different from most I've seen. The fence is great with the horizontal pickets. And I love the coping and deck stones. What material did you use?

The spa is separate or looks to be. Can it circulate with the pool water?

Be sure to treat us to more photos! I'd love to see more of the kitchen as it goes in.

You didn't do a build thread under a different name by any chance? I'd love to see how it progressed.

Thanks for sharing!
Suz.

WOW! When I saw the first pic I thought is was an "ad" pic for a pool! Then I did look to the right and saw the work still going on LOL

THAT is a pretty pool/house set up! VERY well done!

You KNOW you need to give us details PLEASE! Pretty Please?? Oh and more pics also!

Kim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.