Time for Acid Wash?

SkyG

May 18, 2015
Las Vegas, NV
New to the forums. I purchased a home two years ago that included a 30x13 pool. The home was built in 2002. However I do not know when the pool was installed.
I am getting my pool's tiles bead cleaned tomorrow and the pool is in the process of being pumped out. The water hardness was noted to be in the 2000 readings.
I'm curious if anyone can assist me on determining the condition of my pool plaster.

My stairs have always been a little dirty and have a few spots. But other then the stairs the pool appears fine to me when full. However in the process of draining, I've come to pick up more details that are not evident when the pool is full. I'm curious , Is my pool a good candidate for acid washing? Or should I let it be? My spa has chipped and is a complete mess... however my pools plaster does not appear to have any chips. The most I've seen is a minor hairline crack.

I'm curious if the white spotty areas are calcium. Any help or opinion would be appreciated. THanks

stairs.jpg
spapoolwaterfall.jpg
pool.jpg

Welcome! :wave:

Can't help you on acid washing, no experience there. But on the steps.... I suspect the white spots are the actual plaster and the darker stuff is Calcium with other minerals embedded in it. I had it, too. The white freckles happen when someone tosses shock powder in the pool, or a chunk of a chlorine puck. They're acidic, and dissolve the scale a little.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.