Salt Cell good/bad How do I tell?

Zoomer

May 17, 2015
Scottsdale, Arizona
My Digital 220 has an SC 36 cell, new in July 14. In April when pool was being prepared for swimming again noticed flashing red light on main box. Message was "low voltage" alternating with "need salt" Noted salt reading was 2700, so immediately added correct amount 30 lbs salt. Thought we were Ok and then flashing red again "low voltage and noticed cable was looking burnt on one of the cell pins. Thought this was cable issue and ordered new one. Cleaned cell and installed new cable today. Initially voltage appeared to be back to normal with salt at 3300 ppm, 70 degrees, 20v 5.0 amps. Following few minutes back to flashing again with extremely low voltage 2v and 0.5 amps. Rechecked to make sure cable was on all the way over cell pins and restarted pool. All back to normal readings again 20v 5.0 amps no flashing red light.
I Plan to continue to watch readings for 24 hrs, but ask if anyone ever experienced this type issue? Thank you for any advice.
Zoomer

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.