Circupool chlorine generator dead...can I...?

May 14, 2012
I am having issues with my SWCG...water fault readings, no water readings, sometimes it reads, but says I have low salt. Salt test strips say I am fine.
The generator is about 8 years old and I am trying unsuccessfully to get it serviced and am pretty sure one or more things (cell, unit) need to be replaced. Am I ok to go to skimmer tablets until I get this thing fixed? The water is looking and reading fine right now, and I have been on tablets since I shocked it a month ago. What should I look out for doing this with balance and chemistry? Don't want to stay this way all season, but also don't want it to go green either...my local company who installed it isn't calling me back and the number on the generator to circupool is a machine that is not monitored obviously.
I bought the house 4 years ago, so i didn't put it in. 14,000 fiberglass pool BTW. I think it's an RJ 30.

Thanks,
Mike

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.