Aqua Trol control with flow switch?

Jul 23, 2011
Is there a way to set the the Aqua Trol to turn off when the flow switch senses no flow?
It is an RJ model but I added the flow switch bc I can't use the built in timer to control pump.
As it is right now, the flow switch will keep the aqua trol from turning on the cell but it doesnt shut it off when the pump cuts off.
Any suggestions?
Thanks!

Are you asking if the flow switch can turn off the power completely to the SWG? Not easily. The flow switch is just meant to stop the SWG from generating when there is not enough flow.

Ideally the SWG should be powered off the same timer as the pump.

Just stop generating. The pump is 220v and the outlet on the aqual trol is 110v.
I was hoping that adding the flow switch would stop the generation but its not.
Does anything need to be changed on the aqua trol since it is a RJ unit?

This is confusing. If the pump is off and the unit is not showing no flow, the flow switch may be bad. Unplug the flow switch from the unit and see if you get a no flow light. If yes the flow switch is bad.

I think the question if you can answer it, Hayward, is whether the RJ version can just have a flow switch added and have it work or if the software does not support it. The RJ does not come with a flow switch.

I think the question if you can answer it, Hayward, is whether the RJ version can just have a flow switch added and have it work or if the software does not support it. The RJ does not come with a flow switch.

I have an Aqua Trol RJ and they dont require a flow switch. Flow switches are only needed on the horizontal mounted units so the gas that is generated doesnt back up into the filter or pump. On the RJ model the gas escapes to the pool via the return jet, thats the bubbles you are seeing.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.