Possible New Pump

Jan 12, 2011
Bel Air, MD
So I have a Pentair WhisperFlo filter and I have air leaking into the strainer basket and its starting to be a lot louder. So I am thinking of replacing the pump. The pump is probably around 10 years old, but can't confirm. Would it be in my best interest to replace the whole pump?

Air leaking in might not be related to the pump itself, could be anywhere on the suction side. Have you checked all the seals?
And getting louder points to bearings (which could just use a replacement of the motor with a 2-speed version).

Easiest and cheapest to just replace the motor and shaft seal, but if there is a problem with the pump itself, then you could go with a new pump.

Please add your location (City, State or City, Country) to your profile and more pool details to your signature as described HERE as it will help us help you.

The motor plate will tell you if the motor is 2-speed. But if you do not have a switch to change it, then I doubt it is.

No way to know the age of the pump itself really, but there is nothing to really go bad with them either.

The Whisperflo is a pump not a filter. You can get the savings by putting a new 2-speed motor on your existing pump. Or buying an all new pump ... but I can not recommend a size because you have not done this:

Please add your location (City, State or City, Country) to your profile and more pool details to your signature as described HERE as it will help us help you.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.