Intro and Pool Plan Pics

I have a newly built pool and I went with 3.5ft, 5ft and 4ft. I have a 7 year old and older kids and we all are fine with the depth, but I'm not big into swimming laps either. I did opt for the hot tub so that I could use my pool all year long. I think your design looks great. Also to save money on my electric bill, I went with variable speed pump, LED lights and robotic pool cleaner.

The pool cleaner list on your quote is here. http://www.pentairpool.com/products...um-pressure-side-inground-pool-cleaner-88.htm It's a pressure side cleaner, meaning it uses water from your pumping system. This specific model requires a separate booster pump to work properly, meaning you will have to purchase 2 pumps. One for your pool circulation and a smaller one to run this cleaner with a dedicated line. Other pressure side cleaners can run on the same pump as your circulation system.

There are suction side cleaners as well. Same principle but it uses the suction side, rather than the pressure side.

A robot is an independent cleaning unit that only needs electricity (battery or plugged in) to clean the pool. No extra plumbing required.

Check out this article here for the basics: http://www.troublefreepool.com/content/162-automatic-pool-cleaners

There are hundreds of options for each type, each with advantages and disadvantages.

Get specifics on everything you can. Model numbers of all pumps, filters, heaters, cleaners etc. Specs on location of skimmers, returns, PVC type (rigid or flexible).

+1. In writing in your contract.

Without a doubt a hot tub extends your "in the water" season. We skipped the hot tub attached to our pool and saved close to $20k. We spent $5300 on a stand alone tub a couple of years ago. Stand alone tub is more comfortable, energy efficient, covered and ours is on a covered patio close to the back door. We use ours year around and at least 5 times per week.

- - - Updated - - -

The favorite place for kids in our pool is on the three benches we have spread around the pool. Each kid picks a home base to store and launch their projectiles, swim to for breaks, etc.

No progress has physically been made but I have made some decisions. Lol

1. Doing Quartz finish

2. Here is my coping, and tile
f250e44a6c999f52bf0c2fbef493cb4e.jpg

3. The small tiles on the right are glow in the dark tiles that we will be putting four together to make a diamond and putting them about 18 inches apart on the steps and tanning ledge.
Kinda like this
de13c3d74e0809b30d9b35cfc0f2be86.jpg

Now for the rain to stop!!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
In "Suz Time", you've made great progress - huge progress! My goodness, you have selected your waterline tile, coping, step tiles, and pool surface all BEFORE the dig!! That's hard for me to even wrap my brain around!

I glanced back at your pool design, and oh my, I do love the shape of your pool. Talk about graceful and at the same time beautifully interesting with the curves. Now with your materials selections...... Wow!!! (BTW, time to add your pool info to your signature.)

I love your Crystal Lake tile. I actually looked at it for our pool. Well, I guess that's not really such a coincidence, since I considered almost every tile. LOL! And the glow-in-the-dark tiles are so much fun - and useful for nighttime. You are really making this YOUR pool. That's so awesome! Take care. Suz.

Good decision. I agree with Grottoguy. Last year I swam almost everyday in a pool with a 3.5' shallow end. For me it was almost too shallow (I did a lot of physical therapy in the pool). I think a lot of it depends on the heights of your family (especially adult heights and likely heights of children when grown). I'm 5'7" when standing straight, so I'm sort of in between. Not tall, not short. And my sons are 6' and 6'2". They especially wanted 4 feet for the shallow end. Take care! Suz.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.