New Build - Spring TX

Well, pool school was today.
Had the Poll Guy spend most of it on the Pentair support line getting my remote programmed to my liking.
Now I have one button control to start the set of Swim Jet pumps and another for the pair of waterfall pumps.
He was not used to having to program macros to control multiple circuits.

Still trying to get the rock guy back to get rid of my waterfall leaks. (Hope this does not drag out too long.)
Also still waiting for county permit approval to move my Septic spray heads away from pool.
I don't do well just waiting for stuff to happen.

Everything is bigger in TEXAS!

Got the Swim jets working. I think they will do just fine.
Link to running Swimjets:
https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/110603180462230512911/albums/6148167565027703377/6148803203849108514?pid=6148803203849108514&oid=110603180462230512911

- - - Updated - - -

The pad is kinda crowded.
20150514_134642.jpg

I am finding that if I run all the pumps at once (other than dimming the street lights) my GPS says my property is moving slightly south.
They swim jets are awesome, highly recommend for the type that likes this form of exercise.

I can sprint and get to the wall. The sort of pace you could only hold for 25-50 meters.
Any normal lapping pace and I am held well off it.
If I were breaststroking I could turn off the middle jet and it would be fine.

I am finding that if I run all the pumps at once (other than dimming the street lights) my GPS says my property is moving slightly south.
They swim jets are awesome, highly recommend for the type that likes this form of exercise.
OMG so funny! I just pictured Chevy Chase in Christmas Vacation when the lights come on, the meter starts spinning and the rest of the city goes dark . . . lol

Oz, I love it! I looked into some swim jet options before I finally gave up. In hindsight, I am sure this would have been a great investment. What kind of pumps did you end up using for the jets? VS? 1 or 2 speed?

Also, whereabouts in Oz are you from? My wife and neighbors are both from Oz, so I speak the language ;)

TW, It's in my sig line. 3 3hp Whisperflo pumps. They are single speed. I slow it up by switching off the center jet/pump.
The way I did it was about a $3k add-on.
I figured compared to having a long lap lane, it was a cheap investment.
Once it was in, I only pay when i run it.
It is also the quickest way to add and mix in chemicals for the pool bar none.

I'm originally from Melbourne, grew up in the country and worked most of my adult life in Sydney. Lived on the Central Coast in Terrigal, just north of Sydney.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
If you think that is scary, you might balk at stage 2.
If you see those 5 conduits sticking up below the grey load center panel, they are for Landscape lighting.
I am considering whether a stand-alone low voltage light controller panel should run them.
Alternately I could get another pentair expansion loadcenter panel that I could control from the Intellitouch.

If that wasn't enough for you, on the right side of the pad is 2 conduits for landscape speakers. The little box their is a speaker run back to my living room receiver.
Not sure If I'll use it (I could go wireless instead), but it's nice to have options.

I think I left a couple of square feet of pad for a stenner pump & tank.

Who ever said these pools are ever actually done.

I don't even know where to begin.

It sounds like something my husband would do "if". The "if" being, I will do the testing and maintenance on the pool as long as I am not afraid to touch stuff. He has to keep it simple, or he will be doing it all himself. I am sure he is drooling over what you just said, while I probably resemble a deer in the headlights.

Ascew, you would be surprised at how simple the 'front end' of the automation is.
My wife does not visit the pad.
She picks up the Intellitouch remote by the back door and presses SPA or LIGHTS or SWIM JETS.
When she is done she hits the same (lit) button again and it is done.
As for maintenance.
She knows how to test and by plugging her results into PoolPal on her phone, it tells her what to add.

If we expand the system, there will be an additional button for landscape lights.

Music-wise we already have patio speakers, the landscape ones will merely add to this Zone.
The outside zone is set to Bluetooth input, so we just plays whatever we want on our phone through the system; iHeart radio, Pandora whatever.

So what you are saying is that I can have all the lights, deck jets, waterfalls, scuppers, music I want and hubby can automate it for ease of use? LOL, hubby has no idea what he is in for tonight when he gets home.

"Honey... I was thinking, and ozdiver says it is really easy......"

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.