New Pool Build - League City, TX - Help and opinions welcome

Have you already signed your contract?

I have to agree with Kim. Communication with my builder was sketchy at best before the pool began, and is even worse now. I think he's a terrific builder and known to be one of the best, so I've been very patient. But if I didn't trust him and know his reputation, I would be pulling my hair out. I hope for your sake the lack of communication is a result of all the rains. I know all our PB's in the area are very frustrated. Some handle it better than others. Or I should say, some PB's are better equipped to deal with it better than others. Good luck! Suz.

My experience has been slightly similar. The PB submitted to the city and the HOA. The city approved pretty quickly; however, the HOA seemed stalled. Like you, I finally had to intervene and get that ball rolling. Apparently the HOA submission was in cyberspace, having been delivered to an old email address that they no longer used. After finding the submission, it was approved. The PB then got right on it. That was on 5/29.
They met with U.S. On 6/2 and laid the pool out. Then began digging on 6/5. The pool is now at the decking stage and is supposedly 3 weeks from completion. So, my point is that once it gets started, it seems to move pretty quickly, barring unforeseen issues. I wish you the best and look forward to watching your build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flounder, I have to ask..............................if your PB is not communicating with you NOW do you REALLY want to go forward with him?

I love the design. It is going to look great when it gets done.

Kim

I've already signed with them and made the down payment. Yes, I could back out at the loss of a few thousand dollars, but I think at this point we are going to stick with them and hope that the massive amounts of rain in the area have just slowed everything down. I am going to make it my mission this week to have a long talk with the PB and do my own legwork with the city to see when the permits are going to come through. I really, really hope that once the permits come through that the build goes fast. We are just so sick of the waiting with absolutely nothing going on in the back yard yet.

I hear you Suz! The rain is ridiculous! At least there isn't a big hole in my yard yet filling up with all that rain. Although I guess that would be some kind of progress!

We are still waiting for the city's approval. But after talking with them the hold up isn't on their end, my PB's plumber has yet to give them a "gas riser diagram." I think my city would have had this approved a while ago had my PB would get this down. Frustrating.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Finally got all the permits! Now the fun part! It seems like it's been forever.

Hooray!!! The dig is coming, the dig is coming. And it seems for the most part the rains have stopped (except we got a heavy pop up shower this afternoon, but the sun is out again).

I predict your build will roll right along now. You deserve it!!!
Suz.

Lisa--I'm so glad it's gone quickly for you! I hope we have the same experience. The dig is tomorrow morning! YEA!

- - - Updated - - -

Clayswen--It seemed like all of the PB we talked to were working with WetEdge, so that's what we went with. It's not the cheapest option, but the pools that I saw were so beautiful that we had to go with it. I hope mine ends up looking like the ones we've seen.

TFP is a busy site! Many big things going on tomorrow..... Enjoy your dig! For me, that was the big kick-off!!!

Kim will come along and give you a check list of things to measure and check! I love this site!

Can't wait to see this one get rolling!
Suz.

Flounder please tell me you or someone will be there for the dig! The dig and the steel work and gunite shoot someone needs to be there.

There will be questions, mess ups, problems that someone that KNOWS the build needs to be there for.

We had one that they did not have the added bench and table on the plans the steel crew had! Since the pool owner was there they caught it right away!

When they are done digging you need to take a tape measure and measure EVERYthing. Is it wide enough? High enough? Low enough? Add about 3 inches for gunite when you are measuring it.

Now is the time to check and get it fixed.

I am so happy for you! This is such a HUGE day!

Oh and you need to be there to take pics of us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Kim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.