Big Things Happenning! New build underway

Wow, my pool had concrete decking around it before was plastered. Consider this a gift to find out before decking was in or who knows how long it would have taken to find the leak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the pool is so nice! wow is right. u must be so grateful that u caught it before decking what a nightmare that would've been! keep us up to date. that really stinks. that's great if it's outside of the pool only and nothing under ground. we can all hope our pools don't leak under ground. :)
i wondered about that when i saw the guys doing the plumbing. two tired guys. all it takes is for a little human error or lack of strength in not tightening some pvc.

I agree with you all that I'm lucky to have found the leak before the decking is complete. My PB didn't have a chance to come over yesterday, but he said he'll be here today. Hmmmm, that didn't sit well with me. The mud hole is getting bigger and the PB got his last check on plaster day. There's no way I'll pass final inspection if my pool is leaking. This is an opportunity for the pool company to make or break their reputation. I know they have other jobs, but this should become a priority for them. I'm upset, and I apologize to you all but thanks for letting me vent.

so frustrating to have something new, such a big deal like a pool, already with a problem. i'd be upset, too. our UV is leaking and I haven't worried too much about that, cuz it's prob something small but I prob should rush them a bit more, too!

Update: the builder sent his guy over to find and fix the leak. It appears to have been leaking at the grout joint where the tile meets the skimmer basket. While the grout itself is waterproof, it seems like it didn't bond to the plastic skimmer basket. The water was able to seep through this void and get to the gunite, and once the gunite was saturated then the water was able to seep out of the gunite and into the dirt. It was a simple fix with some 2-part underwater epoxy putty. Paver decking crew starts next week!

Pavers are in!! *Pics*
0637eb5471f24dc66a76408e9b4f78cc.jpg
146e8302ebf9b4aae29a153e706c3ec8.jpg
28fe47852d420975c27cdf4fb0de8d27.jpg
3930305674dd128211c3181719286db0.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread resurrection! I haven't done much to my yard since last summer because frankly, I decided I'd rather enjoy my partial backyard renovation than continue working on it. So now that the weather is coming around, I figured I should get some projects done before summer.

The BBQ has been an ongoing project since September '15. Just wrapped on Saturday. I had a concept in my head but the final product exceeded my expectations. [emoji1303]
bdd5b7ef9319848e34adda860b57e913.jpg
42d9ad6362bdc4bb681c925933dbf7b4.jpg
7b2dd2dd62c335abf040963df2cc6762.jpg
f8cdd4bb1f2411b64ffcd1a6493684f6.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.