Aquabug doesn't work

jmcdtucson

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 12, 2014
Flagstaff, AZ
Pool Size
I bought an aquabug for my AGP off Amazon. It worked once, long enough for me to recycle the box. Now it just heads to the nearest corner and sits there and will never get out of it.

I've looked at the unit and read and read on this site. Flappers appear to flap. Shoes appear to jiggle.

It seemed to work the first time. It would go into the corner then eventually turn around. The 2nd time and every other time it doesn't work.

In troubleshooting, I noticed pump pressure was low - about 5 psi. After reading a lot and thinking low pressure might be the issue, I cleared my outflow strainer - which was partly clogged. Now the pump runs at 10psi again like it always has. It drops to about 8 psi when the aquabug is hooked up.

There is a very small air leak somewhere in the aguabug's hose but only enough to produce a stray bubble or two either in the pump basket (when I don't run with the leaf canister) or in the Hayward leaf canister if I have that hooked. I've tried with and without the canister. If the canister is there, air very slowly accumulates in the canister but there is none in my pump basket. So I don't have a suction-side leak in my pump plumbing. I've tried to find the leak with no success but, again, it's very little.

Should I just return it to amazon or is Hayward good to deal with? This is so frustrating - I just want something that will vacuum the pool :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.