New Pool Build - Conroe, TX - LOTS of pics! Come say hi Y'all.

Even though I have a giant hole in the ground - your can send you rain this direction!!! California could use it

Pool looks great, the rock and colors look really good...

Thank you! I'm over the moon for this pool!

I feel so bad for CA, we were just talking about it last night. You guys are in desperate need. I sure hope y'all get it soon!

Looking really good Wendy, and so glad your pup is on the mend. Pool is really, really nice, and it's still amazing how fast these guys are. Did you ever ask about the Dolphin upgrade to M5? Building a pool like this, upgrading it is a no brainer IMO. Have fun on your trips...with some decent weather, you may be done with the pool by the time you finish them. :shock:

Money issues. :brickwall: I was already over budget, but talked my PB into cutting the cost of a moss rock fire pit! Hubby was happy & said go for it! So I added that & upgraded to full automation with the phone app. About $3500 for those 2 options. We were super excited & figured we could cut spending on non-essentials, you know, things like food & electricity ;)

We live in a small subdivision, less than 50 homes. There are 2 other homes that have pools, so I reached out to them to see if they had run into any issues during their build. Well guess what, one of them said their pool floods because of poor drainage in the backyard. Freaked me out. So, I had the builder come evaluate my drainage. He was planning on tying the deck drains into my current drainage (like French drains). But they aren't done right. Wrong materials & not angled enough, the water doesn't flow. So, I have been getting quotes this week for new drainage (must be done prior to decking - it will run under it).

$2700. Cheapest quote. :pukel:

Also just got approval from HOA for propane tank & its approved - but it has to be fenced matching our current privacy fence. No idea what that will cost

Before all of this, I ordered a new outdoor dining set, lounge chairs for the tanning ledge & outdoor Bluetooth speaker. Another $1500. Boy will hubby be surprised when it arrives lol! They all show they are arriving this week & I'll be on a cruise! Maybe I should stay in Mexico for a while :)

And my little brat, Zoe a cool $1000 to get her out of hock after surgery.

And here I am thinking I would really like to extend the decking to the edge of the house to put future French doors in my office. Not gonna happen.

Sigh

Broke in Conroe

- - - Updated - - -

Looking really good Wendy, and so glad your pup is on the mend. Pool is really, really nice, and it's still amazing how fast these guys are. Did you ever ask about the Dolphin upgrade to M5? Building a pool like this, upgrading it is a no brainer IMO. Have fun on your trips...with some decent weather, you may be done with the pool by the time you finish them. :shock:

Lol! After the post I just made. I'm scared to even ask!

LOL!!!!! You should definitely get full custody of the pool. I know it seems rough right now, but you've got a great attitude! You and hubby will work it all out - maybe with the aid of some adult beverages.

One of my regrets - not letting go more with the money and enjoying the present. When you look back years from now, I don't think you'll regret any of this! As Karyn said on her thread - stock up on ramen noodles!

Shooting you a PM. Take care! Suz.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Wendy, you got that ark ready yet???? OMG, it's pouring now in Cypress - tropical-storm-blowing-sideways pouring. My son just got home from north of Conroe and said he got nailed with rain earlier this morning.

Does anyone have the address of California so we can send them some of this rain????? :drown: Suz.

You guys had your drought already - it is just our turn in California now I guess.

Don't you wish when you come out of a drought it would be just normal rain for a few years. We get flooding rain for a year or two, maybe a normal year and then some drought years. Feast or famine...

Good luck - hope it stops raining for you soon.

All packed for my trip. Is it weird that I'd rather stay here & have/watch progress on the pool???

Is it weird that I'm gonna miss you guys? Ill be back on Saturday! Hope everyone has a phenomenal week!

I think I would feel the same way.... Have a marvelous time, Wendy! Just think how fast this week will go! Whether you realize now or not, it will be great to get away from rain, mud, and decisions! Laughing with friends all week - perfect!!

One more great get away, then you and hubby will have the whole summer to relax and enjoy your gorgeous retreat!! Enjoy!! Suz.

I'd kill to have y'all as neighbors! It would be difficult though, to decide which pool to hang out at!

The good thing about a cruise, it forces you to relax. :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.