First year Opening Radiant Pool

Aug 20, 2013
Hello, First year for me to open our Radiant semi in ground pool. Heres my question for the group.

I installed the winter cover that came with our pool in the fall. Wife and I both thought that it looked deep for our pool.Radiant says it has an 18" drop,which would be ok. But all winter as the rain/snow filled it,it kept pushing pool water out of the return.Right now the winter cover is 31"below the top of the pool.We had lowered the pool to just below the skimmer box as the pool shop said to do.But the cover just kept sinking.

Radiant says not to remove any water from the cover, so I left it on.Now I go to pump all that water from the pool, I discover our pool now has 23.5" of water left in it. Which mean it's pretty much half full.

I called the pool shop and they were not much help. I am going in there this week to see what more I can find out. I did read that a pump can pull pool water through the winter cover???? But I had the pump up off the cover when I used it.So I dont know

Any input would be great.Thanks

If there is a leak in the winter cover, pool water can get on top of the cover, and you may subsequently pump off the cover, thus lowering the water level.

Water leaking out of the return port will also lower the water level.

You can't be sure till the pool has been refilled for a few days, but hopefully one of those explains things and there is no actual problem with the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.