What is normal chlorine consumption per day when using bleach? I ran on trichlor last year. 1 121oz jug of 8.25 bleach seems to raise my fc by 2ppm. It was sunny today and my fc was 8ppm, I added I added about 154 ounces and after dark I was reading 8.5. I added a jug and it raised to 10.5, I just added another jug to get it over 12 for the oclt.

I don't know what your normal chlorine consumption will be. I'm not sure there is a normal. As you test and log your results you will start to see a pattern.

Here is a link to PoolMath to help you with adding bleach and other items to your pool and what the impact will be on the levels.

Normal consumption is around 2-3ppm each day ... which is the same regardless of the form of chlorine you use.

Are you using PoolMath? You can calculate that a 12 oz bottle of 8.25% bleach in your 30k pool should raise the FC by 2.7ppm.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Keep at it, you are almost there.

A week is towards the long end of normal. In really extreme cases it can take a couple of weeks.

Have you been brushing daily? Brushing everywhere you can possibly reach is important at this stage.

I had my wife pick up some bleach while she was out and she bought Clorox. I feel like I read somewhere not to use Clorox in a pool. The sodium hypochlorite content is not listed but it says it contains sodium hydroxide as well. By name it is regular concentrated Clorox.

The Clorox concentrated should be % 8.25
There isn't a problem with Clorox brand bleach it's any brand that's "scented" or "splash-less" or "easy pour". Concentrating it just means it's a stronger percentage of chlorine in the bleach but the splash-less or easy pour has a thickener that can cause foaming among other things. You want to stay away from that.

- - - Updated - - -

A week is nothing the Greater Cleveland monster ate a a month worth of my free chlorine

Some can really go through the bleach and test your patience :cry:

Attachments

• Bleach bottles  2.jpg
    Bleach bottles 2.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 55

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.