Return placement helped leaf problem

Newz54

Mar 16, 2014
Los Angeles
I finally had my pool plumbing and plaster redone. I wanted to thank the group for the suggestions I was given. One very good design point was in bringing three return jets to the shallow end of the pool. The jets are pointed up and create a little wave motion to push the leaves into the skimmer in the deep end. My pool stays much cleaner because the leaves don't have time to sink to the bottom. For people with lots of trees around their pool I think this design element is an important one.

It does help, and that is great to hear, and I'm glad you found some helpful information on the forum!

For anyone else considering these things, it's also important to remember that stronger winds play a very big role and your dominant wind direction should be considered.

I have one return across the skimmer in the deep end and three returns in the shallow end. Creates a nice wave that pushes the leaves towards the skimmer while the deep end return bank shots them into the skimmer. My only problem is that this is working so good that my basket gets full within a day or two.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.