Split to new topic - MikeInTN - Moderator
We recently installed a 40x16 fiberglass in-ground pool w/ 8' concrete decking. The problem is that the concrete has approximately 2 volts and when one has wet feet on the concrete and touches the pool water, a tingling or slight shock occurs. The kids notice it more than the adults. We've had the power company and phone company out and everything checks out as far as good grounds, etc. When the primary power is killed, the voltage actually increases to 3 volts at the pool. The pump wiring has been checked and rechecked and the only electricity going to the pool is the light and it is well grounded. The power company thinks it may be an induction current from a nearby cell phone tower. Does anyone have any other ideas? Thanks.