Howdy !

If progress stops for a significant period of time, then you should use last-resort methods (i.e. a good clarifier or flocculant) since you may be down to chemicals or particles in the pool that are not filterable nor oxidizable by chlorine. It's not that common, but it does occasionally happen. As Casey noted, if you still have debris on the bottom, then that may continue to cloud/color the water so check that first.

When you used DE did you notice a pressure rise in the hours after using it (not just the small initial rise when adding it)? If not, then either you're not properly getting the water circulated or what is in the water is not filterable even by DE (which is unusual, though not unheard of).

I agree, it has been too long now, I should see a more significant positive result. As far as DE is concerned I did use DE. I did use it many times. I did see a pressure rise over time as you stated. I have been in the pool with the brush on the walls, bottom. I have checked and checked over and over for debris on the bottom by using vacuum to waste with a pool roller type vacuum and a brush style. I get almost no leaves or debris at any time when I vac.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, BTW you said "(i.e. a good clarifier or flocculant)". A good reccomendation would be nice..Thanks !

Higher chlorine levels will oxidize CYA faster, but not that fast. Maybe your pool was in the middle of bacteria converting the CYA into ammonia when you first tested it and the CYA got used up soon after that (it doesn't take long once the bacteria get going) before you had a chance to put enough chlorine in to kill off such bacteria (and with the swamp, it would have taken a while for the chlorine to penetrate through all that debris). If your CYA is truly 0, then you'd have a hard time keeping FC in the pool if it is exposed to direct sunlight.

Ok, Images of today ; )

Yes, it is the same pool. I let the FC drop to normal levels. Added the exact correct amount of clarifyer, ran the pump 24/7 continued to brush, vac. and almost overnite look again and what do I see all in the clear ! If anyone does not think these folks on this site know what they are talking about then take a look above ! Thanks all !

I really can not take much credit here. Fact is I just followed instructions found here on this site and when I ran into trouble I asked questions and the kind folk here responded in most cases right away. Now on to cleaning/cutting the lawn and taking care of the little fish pond. Nothing absolutely nothing takes place before the pool is clear and clean ! Thanks again !

I really can not take much credit here. Fact is I just followed instructions found here on this site and when I ran into trouble I asked questions and the kind folk here responded in most cases right away.

You take all the credit you want as you earned it doing the work and being patient enough to follow the advise. :goodjob:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.