which Intex salt warter system

Mar 18, 2015
sebastopol ca
We just purchased an Intex Ultra Frame 12' x 24' x 52" this week. The pool comes with a sand filter but I'm not sure what the GPH is yet.

I'm also interested in adding a salt water system to this pool and I see Intex offers two different models. From reading the limited descriptions for the two salt water systems it appears one offers an Ozone feature. I'm at a loss on which salt water system to purchase and why one might be better then the other.

Advice on which is better or the differences would be great.

Thanks

Welcome to TFP! :wave:

Get the one without the Ozone. It's of virtually no use in an outdoor pool, and adds complexity you don't need. Get the largest possible SWG that you can obtain from intex on your pool.

I wish we lived a little closer to each other than we do. I have two of the non-Ozone units in my attic. One was used for just over a month and the other is new in the box, never opened. I was looking to get them out the attic soon too. Thinking of seeing if WallyWorld would take the unopened one back without a receipt and it has been 3 years from the time i bought it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.